Known mostly for their airliners, the Brazilian based company Embraer announced the Phenom 300 in 2005. It had its first flight in 2008, then began shipment and deliveries in December 2009. This aircraft has actually been one of the most delivered business jets from 2013 to 2015.
The 300 is a slightly bigger aircraft and upgrade to the Phenom 100 very light jet. Early this year, Embraer made significant upgrades to the 300 model. Some of these upgrades include maximum speed increase, increased engine thrust, quieter cabin, increased range and more. (1)
Available Listings - Embraer Phenom 300
The EMB-505 is a light jet that can carry up to 9 passengers and a two pilot crew. An additional passenger may also be added during single-pilot operation. After upgrades in 2018 and 2020 (300E), this aircraft is powered by two rear pylon mounted Pratt & Whitney Canada PW535E1 turbofan engines with increased thrust of 3,478 pounds-force (lbf). *moderated by FADEC systems (Full Authority Digital Engine Control).
This aircraft has a maximum range of 2,010 nautical miles (3,723 km) and a normal range of 1,811 nautical miles (3,353 km). A takeoff distance of 3,138 ft (956 m) and a landing distance of 3,700 ft (1,128 m).
The Phenom 300 can reach a maximum cruise speed of Mach 0.68 (MMO = Mach 0.78) and can reach a maximum altitude of 45,000 ft. It also has a maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) of 17,968 lbs and a maximum landing weight (MLW) of 16,855 lbs. (2)
The cabin included in this aircraft has a height of 4 ft 11″, a width of 5 ft 1″ and a length of 17 ft 2″. It includes 11 windows for excellent natural lighting, along with an externally serviced rear lavatory, refreshment center and a fairly large rear baggage area. The lavatory is fully enclosed and features two large windows, a mirror and and optional sink.
In terms of Avionics, the Phenom uses the Garmin G3000-based Prodigy Touch along with ground power mode for engines. This system is renowned for its ability to help reduce pilots workload and make landing and approaching easier. (3)
Besides the engines, the 300E has also improved upon its cabin management, in-flight entertainment (IFEC by Lufthansa Technik) and cabin design. The cabin design team is similar to that of the Praetor 600. With more isle space, the Bossa Nova design stands out and provides; larger seats, enhanced headrests, retractable armrests and more. (4)
As per the General Aviation Manufacturers Association 2020 report. The 300E has sold more units than the 300. So far in 2021, that also appears to be the case.
- The Phenom 300E also features an optional two place divan along with another optional belted lavatory which can increase the amount of passengers on the aircraft to 11 in total.
- Based off the General Aviation Manufacturers Association’s research (GAMA). The Phenom 300 has delivered 50 aircraft in 2020.
- On February 23, 2022. The Phenom 300 became the best selling light jet for the 10th consecutive year. It is also the most delivered twinjet of 2021, with 56 light jets being delivered that year. (5)
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
*At this time, aircraft demand is higher than ever seen before in private / business aviation. Inventory can no longer be periodically updated, as it changes almost every 24 hours. Please call or email for updates. Any listings are subject to prior sale or are currently in negotiation.
- Embraer, Welcome To Embraer, retrieved from: https://embraer.com/global/en
- Embraer, Phenom 300E, retrieved from: https://executive.embraer.com/global/en/phenom-300e
- Chad Trautvetter, AIN Media Group Inc. (Aviation International News), Garmin G3000 Upgrade for Phenom 300 Gains Approval, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2013-05-22/garmin-g3000-upgrade-phenom-300-gains-approval
- Matt Thurber, AIN Media Group Inc. (Aviation International News), Pilot Report: Embraer’s New Phenom 300E, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2020-04-07/pilot-report-embraers-new-phenom-300e
- MHM Publishing (Skies Magazine), Press Release: Embraer’s Phenom 300 series is best-selling light jet for 10th consecutive year, retrieved from: https://skiesmag.com/press-releases/embraers-phenom-300-series-tops-decade-of-product-excellence-with-10th-consecutive-year-as-best-selling-light-jet