The Embraer Praetor 600 super-midsize jet was announced at the 2018 National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) convention and is an upgrade to the Legacy 500. It received its type certificate by the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in 2019. Initial deliveries of the aircraft began in June of that same year.
The Praetor 500 & 600 both introduced the Bossa Nova interior with their initial release. As a result, they ended up winning the best design at the 2019 International Yacht & Aviation Awards.
Some of the upgrades found on the 600 are; increased thrust from the engines, the inclusion of winglets, increased range and more. (1)
While looking to improve on its Legacy predecessor. The Praetor 600 comes equipped with twin Honeywell HTF7500E turbofans with approximately 7,528 lbs force of thrust each. This was increased by around 500 lbs when compared to the Legacy 500. Furthermore, the range was also increased by approximately 900 nautical miles.
With that being said, the maximum range that you can travel with on the 600 is around 4,018 nautical miles. This distance is achieved with 4 passengers, including pilot and crew. Additionally, in a standard configuration. This aircraft can seat between 8 and 12 passengers.
As per Embraer, the high-speed cruise that you will find on this aircraft is approximately Mach 0.70, while it’s maximum Mach operation is MMO 0.83. The maximum take off distance at (MTOW) is around 4,717 ft and its maximum landing distance is approximately 2,165 ft. You will also identify a maximum operating altitude of 45,000 ft. (2)
Being a super-midsize aircraft, not only was the design meant to be spacious. It was meant to stand out as well. With the Bossa Nova interior design included, the cabin dimensions on the Praetor 600 measure; 6 ft in height, 6 ft 10″ in width and 27 ft 6″ in length. The baggage capacity is approximately 155 ft³.
When you move to the flight deck, the avionics that you will find is the Rockwell Collins Pro Line Fusion (Collins Aerospace Pro Line Fusion). This includes four 15.1-in high resolution LCD displays, fly-by-wire technology with sidestick. The Enhanced Vision System (E2VS) with a Head-Up Display (HUD), Auto-throttle, Synthetic Vision System (SVS) and more. (3)
- This aircraft also received type certification from Transport Canada which was announced in February of 2021.
- The 600 also comes with a stand-up cabin that has a flat floor.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
- Thomas A. Horne, AOPA, Super-Mid Step-Up, retrieved from: https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2020/january/pilot/praetor-600-super-mid-step-up
- Embraer Aerospace Company, Brochure, retrieved from: https://daflwcl3bnxyt.cloudfront.net/m/10bbb9be00dcd9c4/original/Praetor-600-eletronic.pdf
- Embraer Aerospace Company, Embraer Praetor 600 Now Triple-Certified, Receiving EASA and FAA Approval, Becoming The Most Disruptive and Technologically Advanced Aircraft to Enter the Super-Midsize Category, retrieved from: https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206571-embraer-praetor-600-now-triple-certified-receiving-easa-and-faa-approval-becoming-the-most-disruptive-and-technologically-advanced-aircraft-to-enter-the-super-midsize-category
- Embraer Aerospace Company, Embraer delivers first Phenom 300E with new Bossa Nova interior to PALS co-founder, retrieved from: https://executive.embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206787-embraer-delivers-first-phenom-300e-with-new-bossa-nova-interior-to-pals-co-founder
- Julie Boatman, Flying Magazine, Embraer Earns Canadian Type Certification, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/story/aircraft/praetor-600-canadian-type-certification