On October 12th 2021, the first day of the NBAA EBACE in Las Vegas, NV. Honda announced the latest potential addition to their family for sale, the HondaJet 2600. The concept aircraft is a newer model when compared to the HA-420, which provides improvements to its speed, range and passenger capacity to name a few.
As per the CEO of the company. The aircraft is considered a light jet, although does embody mid-size jet capabilities. The aircraft is also said to be the first light jet concept, that is capable of transcontinental travel across the United States. (1, 2)
With over the wing engine mounts, the HondaJet 2600 will be a twinjet. However the powerplant manufacturer is still yet to be determined. The aircraft is able to seat up to 11 passengers including pilot and crew. It is also capable of traveling up to 2,625 nautical miles, with around 5 passengers.
The maximum cruise speed that can be achieved is approximately Mach 0.68, while its maximum cruise altitude is around 47,000 ft. Also, its maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) is approximately 17,500 lbs. (3)
When you enter the cabin. Besides its dimensions. You will recognize an immediate difference with the additional windows, which help to provide natural lighting. The 2600 has 12 windows within the cabin, which break down into six on each side. The cabin dimensions planned for this concept aircraft measure approximately; 5 ft 3″ in height, 5 ft 1″ in width and 14 ft 1″ in length. The baggage compartment is also planned to hold a total volume of nearly 120 ft³.
As of now, the avionics system scheduled to be introduced on the 2600, is the Garmin G3000 avionics suite. Similar to what is already used with the HondaJet series. It includes three 14 inch high resolution LCD displays, dual touch screen controllers, autothrottle functionality, Advanced Steering Augmentation System (ASAS) and much more. The cockpit also provides additional work space and room to maneuver when compared to the HA-420. (4)
- The 2600 will also be certified for single pilot operation.
- Autobrakes and brake-by-wire technology are included in the Flight Management System (FMS) / avionics of the 2600 aircraft.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
The business, private and commercial aircraft markets are experiencing higher than normal demand, with significantly more buyers than available product. Consequently, acquisition time is taking longer and additional parameters are in place to more efficiently and effectively result in a successful purchase. Further, as a result of the demand in acquisition / sales, maintenance facilities, necessary prudent ‘pre-purchase inspections’ etc. Are also operating at capacity.
If you are contemplating a purchase in the next 3 – 6 months, now is the time to begin the acquisition process. Please call or email and request our exclusive acquisition agreement for review and execution. We will also require a fully refundable deposit to be placed with a bonded third party Escrow Service. This tells the market you are serious and prepared to proceed with an aircraft purchase. We expect this demand in aircraft to reach well into 2023 and beyond. We would be pleased to discuss any questions, concerns or requests.
1. Pia Bergqvist, Flying Magazine, Honda Unveils 2600 Concept, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/story/aircraft/hondajet-2600-concept
2. Bryan Hood, Robb Report, First Light Jet Concept That Can Fly Across the US Nonstop, retrieved from: https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/honda-aviation-company-hondajet-2600-concept-1234641616
3. Honda Aircraft Company, retrieved from: https://www.hondajet.com/en/Products/HondaJet-2600-Concept
4. Honda Aircraft Company, Brochure, retrieved from: https://www.hondajet.com/-/media/HondaJet/Documents/Technical-Papers/HondaJet-2600/HondaJet-2600-Concept_Brochure.pdf