The Embraer ERJ-145 regional jet airliner that was launched sometime in 1989. It had its maiden flight in 1995 and first entered service in December of 1996. The ERJ family consists of three variants. Aside from the 145, Embraer also released the ERJ-135 and the ERJ-140.
The ERJ-135 was launched in 1997. It has a shorter fuselage and can travel with up to approximately 37 passengers. The ERJ-140 can seat up to around 44 passengers and was launched sometime in 1999. (1)
The EMB-145 has had many different models / variations over the years, with the ER being the first. This low wing, T-tailed, pressurized airplane. Is powered by two rear mounted, high bypass ratio Rolls-Royce AE 3007A turbofans. Each with approximately 7,426 lbs force of thrust. The maximum number of passengers that this airliner can accommodate is approximately 50, including pilots and crew.
The maximum cruise speed found on the ERJ-145 is near Mach 0.78, while its maximum range is around 1,200 nautical miles (the LR is 1,550 nautical miles). As per Embraer, the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) is said to be 46,275 lbs and its maximum landing weight (MLW) is 41,226 lbs. Also, its service ceiling is close to 37,000 ft. (2,3)
While bigger than most Embraer business jets that you will encounter. The Embraer ERJ-145 has a cabin that measures approximately 6 ft in height and 6 ft 11″ in width. It can also seat three pax across in an abreast seating configuration. The exterior length of the aircraft is approximately 98 ft and its baggage compartment can hold approximately 325 ft³ of volume.
The avionics found on this airliner is the Honeywell Primus 1000 Integrated Avionics System. It features five 8×7-in electronic flight and information system displays. Dual Altitude Heading Reference System (AHRS), one In-flight Engine Condition Monitoring System (IECMS) and more. (4)
- As of May 2011, there have been 900+ ERJ (135/140/145) aircraft operational worldwide.
- The XR model can travel up to approximately 2,000 nautical miles.
- The 50 seat EMB145 has recently been modified by Embraer with a semi-private aftermarket modification. Essentially this removes a number of seats within the aircraft and provides more room to maneuver for each passenger.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
For more details on the Embraer Praetor 500 for sale, navigate here. To travel back to the homepage, click here.
The business, private and commercial aircraft markets are experiencing higher than normal demand, with significantly more buyers than available product. Consequently, acquisition time is taking longer and additional parameters are in place to more efficiently and effectively result in a successful purchase. Further, as a result of the demand in acquisition / sales, maintenance facilities, necessary prudent ‘pre-purchase inspections’ etc. Are also operating at capacity.
If you are contemplating a purchase in the next 3 – 6 months, now is the time to begin the acquisition process. Please call or email and request our exclusive acquisition agreement for review and execution. We will also require a fully refundable deposit to be placed with a bonded third party Escrow Service. This tells the market you are serious and prepared to proceed with an aircraft purchase. We expect this demand in aircraft to reach well into 2023 and beyond. We would be pleased to discuss any questions, concerns or requests.
1. Aerospace Technology, retrieved from: https://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/erj145
2. Embraer Commercial Aviation, EMB-145 Airport Planning Manual, retrieved from: https://www.embraercommercialaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/APM_ERJ145.pdf
3. Embraer Commercial Aviation, Specifications / Brochure, retrieved from: https://www.embraercommercialaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Embraer_spec_ERJ145_web-EN.pdf
4. Honeywell Aerospace, Primus 1000 Integrated Avionics System, retrieved from: https://aerospace.honeywell.com/us/en/learn/products/cockpit-systems-and-displays/primus-1000
5. Embraer Commercial Aviation, retrieved from: https://www.embraercommercialaviation.com/commercial-jets/erj145/
6. Airlines Inform, retrieved from: https://www.airlines-inform.com/commercial-aircraft/embraer-erj-145.html
7. Embraer Aerospace Company, retrieved from: https://embraer.com/global/en/news?slug=1206870-embraer-presents-the-erj-145-semi-private-jet-aftermarket-modification