The Cessna Citation CJ3 is a light jet that was first announced in September 2002. It later received FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) type certification in 2004 and entered service later that year in December. The CJ3 is an upgrade to the Citation CJ2 with an extended cabin, further range and more.
In June 2010, for the second time. The aircraft won the Robb Report award for the “Best of the Best”, in the light business jet segment. The CJ3 (525B) was later upgraded to the CJ3+ in March of 2014. This provided updates to the cabin interior, cockpit and avionics to name a few. (1,2)
With an upgraded interior and extended fuselage, when compared to the CJ2. The CJ3 plus is able to travel with up to 9 passengers. The maximum range that this aircraft can travel is approximately 2,040 nautical miles. It is also able to travel at a maximum cruise speed of Mach 0.62.
The powerplant found on the CJ3+ are dual Williams International FJ44-3A turbofans, with approximately 2,820 lbs force of thrust (12.54 kN). When it comes to maximum takeoff weight (MTOW), this aircraft allows for approximately 13,870 lbs. While it’s maximum landing weight (MLW) is somewhere around 12,750 lbs. (3)
Within the cabin interior, you will notice 14 large windows (7 on each side) which help provide abundant natural light. As per Cessna, the cabin interior itself measures; 4 ft 9″ in height, 4 ft 10″ in width and 15 ft 8″ in length. For the baggage, this aircraft has external compartment(s) that can carry a total volume of approximately 65 ft³. Or, a total weight of approx. 1,000 lbs.
As we move to the cockpit, the avionics found on the CJ3+ is the Garmin G3000 avionics suite (previously the Collins Pro Line 21). This suite includes a dual channel Garmin GFC 700 flight control system, the GTC 570 glass touch-screen controllers, Visual Approach Support, ADS-B IN, Garmin SVT™ Synthetic Vision Technology and more. (4)
- This light jet features a fresh air system that cycles fresh air from outside of the aircraft, inside through the engines. This helps to destroy germs and pathogens through heat and other methods.
- Being a light jet, this aircraft is also single pilot certified.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
The business, private and commercial aircraft markets are experiencing higher than normal demand, with significantly more buyers than available product. Consequently, acquisition time is taking longer and additional parameters are in place to more efficiently and effectively result in a successful purchase. Further, as a result of the demand in acquisition / sales, maintenance facilities, necessary prudent ‘pre-purchase inspections’ etc. Are also operating at capacity.
If you are contemplating a purchase in the next 3 – 6 months, now is the time to begin the acquisition process. Please call or email and request our exclusive acquisition agreement for review and execution. We will also require a fully refundable deposit to be placed with a bonded third party Escrow Service. This tells the market you are serious and prepared to proceed with an aircraft purchase. We expect this demand in aircraft to reach well into 2023 and beyond. We would be pleased to discuss any questions, concerns or requests.
1. Aerospace Technology, retrieved from: https://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/cessna
2. Dick Karl, Flying Magazine, We Fly: Cessna CJ3+ This airplane is more than attractive. It is amazing., retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/we-fly-cessna-cj3-november-2017
3. Textron / Cessna Aviation, retrieved from: https://cessna.txtav.com/en/citation/cj3#_model-specs
4. Textron / Cessna Aviation, Brochure, retrieved from: https://cessna.txtav.com/-/media/cessna/files/citation/cj3plus/cj3plus_brochure.ashx
5. Conklin & de Decker Associates, retrieved from: https://conklindedecker.jetsupport.com/details/Cessna%20Citation%20CJ3%2B