The Embraer Lineage 1000 is a long range business jet, that was first announced in 2006. The aircraft is actually based on the Embraer E190 regional jet airliner. It was awarded FAA certification and had its first flight in 2007. A few years later, the aircraft entered service in May of 2009.
In October 2013, Embraer introduced the 1000E upgraded model / variant at the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) Convention. The upgrade provides improvements to the range, in-flight entertainment and the flight deck / cockpit. (1, 2)
The Embraer Lineage 1000E, is powered by twin General Electric CF34-10E7-B turbofans, with approximately 18,500 lbs force of thrust each (82.292 N). This helps provide the aircraft with a maximum range of around 4,600 nautical miles, while carrying 8 passengers at a cruise speed of Mach 0.78.
Overall, the high-speed cruise on this aircraft is around Mach 0.70, while its maximum operating speed is Mach 0.82. In terms of travelers, this aircraft can seat anywhere between 13 to 19 passengers, including pilot and crew. Its maximum operating altitude is close to 41,000 ft and its maximum payload is approximately 9,625 lbs. (3)
The Lineage 1000E is quite spacious and can be broken down into 5 zones, with multiple layout configurations. The cabin interior itself measures approximately; 6 ft 7″ in height, 8 ft in width and 84 ft 4″ in length.
In executive aviation, the baggage compartment on the 1000E is recognized as one of the largest that can be accessed in-flight. At this current time, the compartment is capable of holding around 443 ft³ of volume.
When you move to the flight deck, you will recognize that the avionics suite being used is the Honeywell Primus Epic. It features 5 large multifunction LCD displays, Fly-by-wire flight controls, Dual Flight Management System (FMS), Embraer Enhanced Vision System (E²VS) with Head-Up Display (HUD) and much more. (4)
- The Lineage 1000 was the recipient of the IDEA / Brazil design Award in 2008.
- As per Embraer, the 1000E is known to be one of the first to incorporate Fly-by-wire technology in executive aviation.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
1. Aerospace Technology, retrieved from: https://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/lineage-1000
2. Pia Bergqvist, Flying Magazine, Embraer Lineage 1000E Introduced at NBAA, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/aircraft/jets/embraer-lineage-1000e-introduced-nbaa
3. Embraer Commercial Aviation, Specifications / Brochure, retrieved from: https://executive-charter-flights.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Embraer-Lineage.pdf
4. Embraer Commercial Aviation, retrieved from: https://executive.embraer.com/global/en/lineage-1000e