The Bombardier Global 6500. Is an ultra long-range business jet, for sale at a price of approximately $56 million USD, brand-new. It was launched in May 2018 at the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE) in Geneva, Switzerland, and is an upgrade to the Global 6000. The 6500 provides improvements in areas such as; wing design, range, cruise speed and engines to name a few.
Similar to the 5500, the engines found on the Global 6500 are dual Rolls-Royce Pearl 15 turbofans, with approximately 15,125 lbs force of thrust each (67.3 kN). This helps allow the aircraft to reach a maximum range of 6,600 nautical miles, with 8 passengers and 4 crew. Depending on how the aircraft is configured, it is able to seat up to 17 passengers.
The maximum cruise speed that can be achieved with this long range jet, is approximately Mach 0.90. Its high-speed cruise is around Mach 0.88, while it’s typical cruise speed is normally around Mach 0.85. It can also reach a service ceiling of up to 51,000 ft. (3)
With identical cabin dimensions to the 6000. The 6500 measures approximately; 6 ft 2″ in height, 7 ft 11″ in width and 43 ft 3″ in length, excluding the baggage compartment. The compartment itself is accessible in-flight. As for the windows in the cabin, the aircraft has 28, which provide natural and bountiful light throughout the interior.
For avionics on this aircraft, what you will find is the Bombardier Vision Flight Deck. Its Combined Vision System (CVS) is said by the manufacturer, to be the only system to merge synthetic vision images with enhanced images in one view.
The avionics suite also includes 4 large LCD displays, Head-Up Display (HUD), MultiScan weather radar, Controller Pilot Data Link Communication (CPDLC) and more. (4)
- Accompanied by the engine, the wings “leading-edge” technology helps the aircraft achieve its range and speed.
- As per Bombardier, the 6500 is said to have the widest cabin in its class.
- In 2021, the in-service fleet for the Global 6500 was mostly present in North America (44%), Europe (31%) and China (16%). (5)
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
*At this time, aircraft demand is higher than ever seen before in private / business aviation. Inventory can no longer be periodically updated, as it changes almost every 24 hours. Please call or email for updates. Any listings are subject to prior sale or are currently in negotiation.
- Aerospace Technology (AT), Bombardier Global 6500 Business Jet, retrieved from: https://www.aerospace-technology.com/projects/bombardier-global-6500-business-jet
- Bombardier Aviation, Best New Jet of 2020, retrieved from: https://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en/global-6500-global-5500-top-flight-awards
- Bombardier Aviation, Bombardier Business Aircraft: Global 6500, retrieved from: https://businessaircraft.bombardier.com/en/aircraft/global-6500
- Bombardier Aviation, Brochure, retrieved from: https://executive-charter-flights.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Global_6500_Brochure.pdf
- Aviation Week, Aircraft Overview: Bombardier Global 6500, retrieved from: https://aviationweek.com/business-aviation/aircraft-overview/aircraft-overview-bombardier-global-6500
- Rolls-Royce, Rolls-Royce joins Bombardier Aerospace to celebrate., retrieved from: https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/press-releases/2019/22-10-2019-rr-joins-bombardier-aerospace-to-celebrate-official-entry-into-service-of-the-new-global.aspx