On October 4th 2021. Gulfstream announced the G800 during a live streamed event from Savannah, Georgia. Gulfstream presented these details while also giving a tour of the newly announced G400. The aircraft manufacturer plans for a first flight to take place sometime by the end of 2021. It also plans for the aircraft to enter service sometime in the year 2023.
As per Gulfstream, the G800 ($71.5 million USD) is meant to replace the G650/ER business jet, however it will still remain in production. In comparison, this new aircraft provides improvements over the G650ER in areas such as; range, overall wingspan, engines, avionics and more. (1)
While sharing a few similarities to the G650ER. The G800 is powered by dual Rolls-Royce Pearl 700 turbofans, with approximately 18,250 lbs force of thrust each (81.2 kN). As per Gulfstream, the Pearl 700 engines are about 18% more fuel efficient than the BR725’s, which can be found on the G650ER.
With that being said, the Gulfstream G800 ultra long-range business jet, is capable of traveling up to approximately 8,000 nautical miles. As of now, that is the furthest range for any business jet currently on the market. The high-speed cruise that can be found on this aircraft is around Mach 0.90, while the Maximum Operating Mach (Mmo) is approximately Mach 0.925.
The maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) on this aircraft is around 105,600 lbs. The maximum landing weight (MLW) is approximately 83,500 lbs and its certified ceiling is near 51,000 ft (FL 510). (2)
With up to three living areas and a crew compartment. The G800 is able to seat up to 19 passengers (sleep 10) in a standard configuration. The cabin interior dimensions are almost identical to the G650ER, measuring approximately; 6 ft 3″ in height, 8 ft 2″ in width and 53 ft 7″ in length (excluding the baggage compartment). The cabin also has 16 panoramic oval windows (8 on each side) to help provide natural and bountiful light throughout the interior.
As we advance to the cockpit, you will notice the Gulfstream / Honeywell Symmetry Flight Deck avionics suite. This system features; 10 touch screen displays, active-control side sticks, Combined Vision System (CVS), dual Head-Up Displays (HUD) and the Enhanced Vision System (EVS) to name a few. (3)
- The air in the cabin is renewed approximately every 2 to 3 minutes. It is also purified by their “Plasma Ionization Technology” air cleaning system.
- The powerplant used on the G800 is very similar to what is found on the G700 business jet.
- The baggage compartment on this aircraft can hold around 195 ft³ of volume.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
The business, private and commercial aircraft markets are experiencing higher than normal demand, with significantly more buyers than available product. Consequently, acquisition time is taking longer and additional parameters are in place to more efficiently and effectively result in a successful purchase. Further, as a result of the demand in acquisition / sales, maintenance facilities, necessary prudent ‘pre-purchase inspections’ etc. Are also operating at capacity.
If you are contemplating a purchase in the next 3 – 6 months, now is the time to begin the acquisition process. Please call or email and request our exclusive acquisition agreement for review and execution. We will also require a fully refundable deposit to be placed with a bonded third party Escrow Service. This tells the market you are serious and prepared to proceed with an aircraft purchase. We expect this demand in aircraft to reach well into 2023 and beyond. We would be pleased to discuss any questions, concerns or requests.
1. Chad Trautvetter, Aviation International News – AIN Online, Gulfstream Large Jet Portfolio Gets Bigger, Longer …, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2021-10-04/gulfstream-large-jet-portfolio-gets-bigger-longer-g400-g800
2. Gulfstream Aerospace, G800, retrieved from: https://www.gulfstream.com/en/aircraft/gulfstream-g800
3. Gulfstream Aerospace, G800 Product Spec Sheet, retrieved from: https://www.gulfstream.com/assets/docs/en/aircraft/g800/21_352041_p22_product_sheet_prod_dam.pdf
4. Julie Boatman, Flying Magazine (FlyingMag), Gulfstream Fills Its Model Lineup …, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/story/aircraft/g400-g800-/
5. Rolls-Royce, Rolls-Royce Pearl 700 to power new Gulfstream G800, retrieved from: https://www.rolls-royce.com/media/press-releases/2021/05-10-2021-business-aviation-rolls-royce-pearl-700-to-power-new-gulfstream-g800.aspx