The Gulfstream G400 large-cabin business jet, was recently announced on Oct 4th, 2021, at a live streamed event in Savannah, Georgia. The event provided a virtual tour of the aircraft, which is temporarily scheduled for flight testing sometime in 2023. The G400 is also looking to enter service sometime in early 2025.
The G400 ($34.5 million USD) was designed to fit in between the G280 super mid-size and the G500/G600 large cabin aircraft models. Which means it’s not an upgrade or replacement to any of the aircraft that are currently in their lineup. (1)
With 8 passengers and 3 crew, at a cruise speed of Mach 0.85. The G400 is able to travel up to a maximum range of 4,200 nautical miles. Equipped with twin Pratt & Whitney Canada PW812GA turbofans, with approximately 13,496 lbs force of thrust each (60.0 kN). The aircraft is able to achieve a high-speed cruise of around Mach 0.88, and a Maximum Operating Mach number (Mmo) of Mach 0.90. Overall, the aircraft is able to seat up to 12 passengers and sleep up to 5.
The maximum take off weight (MTOW) that you can identify this aircraft is approximately 69,850 lbs, while it’s maximum landing weight (MLW) is around 60,000 lbs. Its certified ceiling is similar to many aircraft within the Gulfstream family at 51,000 ft. (2)
As per Gulfstream, the G400 has between two to three living areas within the cabin. The interior itself measures approximately; 6 ft 2″ in height, 7 ft 7″ in width and 36 ft 4″ in length, excluding the baggage compartment. The compartment itself can hold approximately 175 ft³ of volume.
Similar to the G800, the G400 uses the Gulfstream / Honeywell Symmetry Flight Deck avionics suite. The system itself includes but isn’t limited to; Phase-of-Flight intelligence, active control sidesticks, Predictive Landing Performance System, Combined Vision System (CVS) and much more. (3)
- The cabin interior features 10 large panoramic oval windows (5 on each side), to help provide natural and bountiful light throughout the cabin.
- The G400 is approximately 22% more fuel efficient when compared to the G450. This % is calculated when traveling at Mach 0.83, for a distance of approximately 3,000 nautical miles.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
The business, private and commercial aircraft markets are experiencing higher than normal demand, with significantly more buyers than available product. Consequently, acquisition time is taking longer and additional parameters are in place to more efficiently and effectively result in a successful purchase. Further, as a result of the demand in acquisition / sales, maintenance facilities, necessary prudent ‘pre-purchase inspections’ etc. Are also operating at capacity.
If you are contemplating a purchase in the next 3 – 6 months, now is the time to begin the acquisition process. Please call or email and request our exclusive acquisition agreement for review and execution. We will also require a fully refundable deposit to be placed with a bonded third party Escrow Service. This tells the market you are serious and prepared to proceed with an aircraft purchase. We expect this demand in aircraft to reach well into 2023 and beyond. We would be pleased to discuss any questions, concerns or requests.
1. Chad Trautvetter, Aviation International News – AIN Online, Gulfstream Large Jet Portfolio Gets Bigger, Longer …, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2021-10-04/gulfstream-large-jet-portfolio-gets-bigger-longer-g400-g800
2. Gulfstream Aerospace, G400, retrieved from: https://www.gulfstream.com/en/aircraft/gulfstream-g400
3. Gulfstream Aerospace, Product Spec Sheet, retrieved from: https://www.gulfstream.com/assets/docs/en/aircraft/g400/21_351937_p42_product_sheet_prod_dam.pdf
4. Julie Boatman, Flying Magazine (FlyingMag), Gulfstream Fills Its Model Lineup …, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/story/aircraft/g400-g800-/
5. Michael Verdon, Robb Report, Gulfstream Unveils the Longest-Range Business Jet in Private Aviation, retrieved from: https://robbreport.com/motors/aviation/gulfstream-g800-g400-business-jets-1234639493