The Cessna Citation M2 (C25M) was first launched in September 2011, with manufacturing starting sometime in 2013. It is an update from the CJ1 variant which ended production in 2005. Some notable upgrades to this light jet include improvements to the cabin and an upgrade to more efficient engines.
In its first two years of production, the M2 sold and delivered approximately 100 aircraft. Just last year in 2020, despite the slower market. The manufacturer sold and delivered 24. (1)
With improved engines, the Citation M2 is equipped with twin Williams International FJ44-1AP-21 turbofans. Each with approximately 1,965 lbs force thrust. In a standard configuration, this aircraft is capable of traveling with up to 7 passengers including the pilot.
The maximum range of this aircraft is approximately 1,550 nautical miles, while its maximum cruise speed is approximately Mach 0.74. You can also expect to find a service ceiling of around 41,000 ft. Furthermore, the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) is approximately 10,700 lbs, along with 9,900 lbs for its maximum landing weight (MLW). (2)
With improvements to the seating, entertainment and network. You can identify 8 large windows that help allow natural and abundant light to enter the interior. The cabin in the M2 is approximately 4 ft 9″ in height, 4 ft 10″ in width and 11 ft in length. There are two baggage compartments. One located in the nose (20 ft³), with the other located in the tailcone or aft (30 ft³).
The cockpit / flight deck is single pilot certified and uses the Garmin G3000 avionics suite. Making the M2 the first Citation to feature the upgraded suite. Among many features, it includes three 14.1 in LCD displays along with two touch screen control panels. These help to reduce pilot workload and increase overall safety. You can also find their Synthetic Vision Technology (SVT), which helps provide a clearer perspective of your flying environment. (3)
- This jet is approximately 15″ longer, plus 3″ wider and taller than the Mustang.
- The engine bleed air is used to help anti-ice the windshield as well as to heat the leading edges of the wings.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
Get more information about the Bombardier Challenger 350 for sale, or click here to travel back to the homepage.
1. Kala Huerter, Cessna Prepares To Deliver The 100th Cessna Citation M2 Only Two Years After Certification, retrieved from: https://investor.textron.com/news/news-releases/press-release-details/2015/Cessna-prepares-to-deliver-the-100th-Cessna-Citation-M2-only-two-years-after-certification/default.aspx
2. Textron Aviation, retrieved from: https://cessna.txtav.com/en/citation/m2
3. Matt Thurber, Pilot Report: Citation M2, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/business-aviation/2015-10-13/pilot-report-citation-m2