In April 2015, Piper announced the release of their M600 and M350 models of aircraft. Sales and deliveries began in June 2016 after it received its FAA certification. From that time until March 2018. Piper has delivered approximately 50 aircraft throughout mostly the United States.
The M600 is an upgrade to the M500 and provides a new wing design, longer range, upgraded avionics, additional fuel capacity and more. The SLS (safety, luxury & support) model, which was announced in 2019. Is another upgrade which is set to begin deliveries sometime in the summer of 2021. (1)
This turboprop is equipped with a single Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-42A engine, with approximately 600 shp flat rated horsepower. In a standard configuration, this turboprop comes with a Hartzel 4-Blade constant speed propeller. It’s also full feathering, reversible, and comes with a 5-Blade option as a replacement.
Also, in a standard configuration. The M600 can seat up to six passengers, including pilot and crew. With this number of passengers on board, this aircraft can travel at a maximum cruise speed of approx Mach 0.39 and a maximum rage of approximately 1,300 nautical miles.
Overall, the maximum range for this aircraft is around 1,658 nautical miles. Its maximum cruise speed is Mach 0.41 and maximum cruise altitude is 30,000 ft. Additionally, the maximum takeoff weight (MTOW) is near 6,000 lbs and its maximum landing weight (MLW) is 5,800 lbs. (2)
The cabin on the M600 stands 3 ft 11″ tall, is 4 ft 1″ wide and 12 ft 3″ in length. With the upgrade to the SLS model, there have been some additional features to allow passengers to really customize the look and feel of the interior.
The avionics installed on this aircraft is provided by the Garmin G3000 avionics suite that includes the HALO Safety System. This system includes a range of features. Some of those feature include; Synthetic Vision, Emergency Descent Mode, Auto throttle, the Garmin Autoland technology and more. It also has dual high-resolution touch screen controllers, along with 3 large LCD displays. (3)
- In 2020, the M600 sold 36 units as per the General Aviation Manufacturers Association (GAMA).
- This is the first general aviation aircraft to be standard equipped with HALO technology, as well as certified with Autoland functionality.
*These are general specifications of the above mentioned aircraft. Please see each listing for details on their individual specifications, layout and performance.
1. Charles Alcock, Piper Launches New M600 and M350 Models, retrieved from: https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/general-aviation/2015-04-13/piper-launches-new-m600-and-m350-models
2. Piper Aircraft Inc., retrieved from: https://www.piper.com/model/m600sls
3. Piper Aircraft Inc., retrieved from: https://www.piper.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021_M600SLS-Spec-Book_Lo-Res.pdf
4. Stephen Pope, We Fly: Piper M600, retrieved from: https://www.flyingmag.com/we-fly-piper-m600